Frequently Asked Question
- 1.What is ROOFTOP®?ROOFTOP® is a double-wall corrugated uPVC roofing profile made of high performance uPVC resin and have been tested to comply with international standards. For complete information and specification please visit product page.
- 2.Where can I find ROOFTOP® installation guide?You can download a PDF version of our installation manual on documents page or request one by email. An English version is also available by request.
- 3.What is the maximum purlin (frame) spacing that can be used in ROOFTOP® installation?The maximum recommended purlin distance is 1.2 M
- 4.What is the minimum and maximum roof pitch that can be used in ROOFTOP® installation?The minimum recommended roof pitch is 15°. If the roof pitch is too flat/shallow (less than 15°) the risk for leakage will increase. This risk can be minimized by increasing the overlap spacing or distance(±0.5 M). The maximum roof pitch is 90°.
- 5.Where is ROOFTOP® produced?ROOFTOP® is produced domestically in Sidoarjo, East Java, Indonesia by PT. Sumber Djaja Perkasa. We are an ISO 9001:2015 certified company that has been producing PVC products with more than 50 years of experience. For further information about PT. Sumber Djaja Perkasa, please visit this page.
- 6.What makes ROOFTOP® different from other competitors?ROOFTOP® is the pioneer and the first company to produce the double wall corrugated uPVC roofing profiles in Indonesia. We have the original patent for this type of roofing that can be found on Indonesian government Direktorat Jenderal Kekayaan Intelektual's website. ROOFTOP® has been manufactured by PT. Sumber Djaja Perkasa since 2004 and has been proven to be the best until today. Thousands of national as well as multinational projects across Indonesia and South East Asia have used ROOFTOP®
- 7.What material is ROOFTOP® made of?ROOFTOP® is made of uPVC or unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride. PVC is one of the most widely produced and used plastics in the world. ROOFTOP® is made of a high performance uPVC material with special anti UV additives to provide maximum protection against heat.
- 8.Does ROOFTOP® have a good resistant against hot weather or condition? What is the maximum temperature that ROOFTOP® can endure?ROOFTOP® is designed to be able to withstand heat up to 60°Celcius, which is very effective for tropical areas. Above 60°Celcius, overtime some deformations might occur.
- 9.Does ROOFTOP® contains any toxic materials? Is it safe for the people and environmentally friendly?ROOFTOP® products are made of high performance uPVC resin and several additives that have been tested to be toxic-free and are very safe to be used. Our products are also recyclable and long lasting, which means that it can minimize replacement waste and is environmentally friendly.
- 10.How strong or sturdy is ROOFTOP®?ROOFTOP® can support weight of up to 540 kg / m2, which means applicators can safely walk on the roof during installation process. For further information, please visit why rooftop page
- 11.Does ROOFTOP® color fades overtime?Just like any other products exposed to the sun’s UV ray, overtime, ROOFTOP®'s color will gradually fade. However, this fading process takes a long time to occur and it fades evenly that you will not even notice the difference. Moreover, this fading process only affects the aesthetic value or appearance of the roofing, it will not affect the performance or mechanical properties of the roof itself.
- 12.What are the advantages of ROOFTOP® compared to other types of roofing such as metal or polycarbonate roof?Full details and information can be seen on this page
- 13.Does ROOFTOP® requires additional insulation?ROOFTOP® does not require any additional neither heat nor noise insulation. For further information please visit this page.
- 14.Does ROOFTOP® requires additional waterproofing in order to prevent water leakage?ROOFTOP® does not require additional waterproofing to prevent leakage. Every ROOFTOP® purchase comes and must be installed with Roofseal®, which is our innovative fitting product that act as a substitute for traditional waterproofing. Besides having a much more affordable price, Roofseal® also have a much longer service life compared to traditional waterproofing (minimum of 15 years) and is more effective in preventing leakage.
- 15.Is it mandatory to use Roofseal® for ROOFTOP® installation?Roofseal® is designed to ensure that ROOFTOP® will be free of any leakage if the installation is done correctly according to our official installation manual. Roofseal® is used as the substitute for waterproofing as well as the substitute for rubber band on Self Drilling Screws. In addition Roofseal® also helps to warn and prevent applicator from over-drilling during the drilling process. For further information, please visit this page
- 16.Does ROOFTOP® provides other roofing accessories?ROOFTOP® provides other accessories to complement and complete the look of your roof. We provides Roofseal®, top ridge, gutter, gutter connector, and gutter end cap that is made of the same high quality and durable material as our roofing products. For more information about these accessories please visit this page
- 17.Where can ROOFTOP® be applied?Basically anywhere! ROOFTOP® is suitable to be used as carports or canopies (for residential and private villa), on commercial buildings (theme park, water park, malls, modern market, restaurants & café, parking lot, etc.), warehouse and factories for various industries (salt, textile, shoes, food industry, etc.) livestock industries (poultry farm, fertilizer industry, feed mill industry, etc.), office buildings, sports center, and many other places. The application of ROOFTOP® is only limited by your creativity. To see some of our finished projects, kindly visit this page
- 18.Why ROOFTOP® is more expensive compared to other types of roofing such as metal roof?Although ROOFTOP® might seems expensive compared to other roof products, namely metal roofing, in the long run, ROOFTOP® is very cost effective and provides the best return of your investment compared to other roofing products. ROOFTOP® does not require additional insulation and virtually does not require maintenance, which means that you do not need to spend any additional money after the first installation. ROOFTOP® is also immune to corrosion, can withstand harsh weather condition, and have a lifespan of at least 15 years. These benefits means that ROOFTOP® will serve you for a very long time without any problems unlike other roofing types when you need to repair or even change them every 3-5 years.
- 19.Does ROOFTOP® comes with warranty?As the manufacturer of ROOFTOP®, PT. Sumber Djaja Perkasa provides a limited warranty for every ROOFTOP® purchase. For ROOFTOP® opaque variance, the limited warranty provided is 15 years. For ROOFTOP® semi transparent (translucent) variance, the limited warranty provided is 12 years. Terms, conditions, and complete information about the warranty can be seen on this page
- 20.How long are the service life of ROOFTOP®?
Many factors affect the service life of ROOFTOP® products, some of them includes: surrounding environmental conditions, climate, temperature, and installation. Improper installation is one of the most common reasons of leakage. Environmental conditions around the area in which ROOFTOP® is installed can also affect the service life. Area in which the air temperature exceeds 60º celcius continuously can cause deformation on the roof. If ROOFTOP® products is installed correctly according to our installation guidance and is installed in area with temperature of less than 60° then the minimum service life of Rooftop® is 15 years and in most cases will exceed 15, and even 25 years.
- 21.Does ROOFTOP® requires maintenance?
ROOFTOP® does not require special maintenance. To provide you with a peace of mind, ROOFTOP® was designed and formulated to have a long lifespan and minimum maintenance. Rain water will most often wash away the dirt and grime on the upper surface of the roof, so it usually does not require special cleaning. For the bottom surface, in case any dirt remains, gently wipe off with soft cloth. Avoid using brush or other sharp instrument as it may damage the roofing sheet. For more information regarding cleaning, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- 22.How to tell a genuine ROOFTOP® product?Several things that you can check in order to verify the authenticity of your ROOFTOP® products are: check the laser-printed ROOFTOP® logo and production code located on the sides of the roofing sheets, check the precision of interlock system, check whether there are no gap left when ROOFTOP® sheets are stacked, and lastly, check whether it has the ability to withstand ample amount of weight without forming any cracks. For further information, please visit this page
- 23.Are there any other color options beside white and light blue?
Besides those two colors, ROOFTOP® can also be ordered with custom color according to customer's preference. However, there will be minimum order quantity as well as a slight price difference that varies according to the chosen color. The reason ROOFTOP® comes with this two natural color (white and light blue) is to avoid additional heat absorption. Lighter color tends to not absorb heat as much as darker color, and hence, can help in maximizing heat reduction ability. For further information or inquiries regarding custom color, kindly contact us through email, telephone or WhatsApp.
- 24.Can ROOFTOP® be ordered with a custom size?The length of ROOFTOP® double wall corrugated roofing profiles can be ordered in accordance to the preferred size. Delivery time for custom order may be a little bit longer. As for custom width, unfortunately, at this moment, the width of ROOFTOP® sheets is only available in the standard size (820 mm) – no custom size available for the width.
- 25.How can I calculate the amount of ROOFTOP® needed for my project?
- 26.Where can I buy ROOFTOP® products?
- 27.Is the new 15 years warranty also applies to ROOFTOP® product purchased before the 15 years warranty announcement?Absolutely! Here in our company, we always strive to provide better quality product to make your life easier, more comfortable, and worry free. Therefore, to further provide Customer with ease of mind; we decide that all purchases of ROOFTOP® product made before our announcement of the new and longer warranty will now automatically follows the new 15 years warranty. For more information and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.